On Friday evening, College of the Ozarks Lady Bobcats breezed through the first two matches of their four-game trip to Lincoln, Ill.
The Lady Cats opened the tournament with a 5:00 p.m. match, in which they defeated Holy Family (aka Silver Lake) College in three quick sets: 25-8, 25-3, 25-11. Highlights of the match featured:
- C of O held Holy Family to single-digit kills (9) for the match;
- Every Lady Cat played in the match;
- C of O, as a team, tallied a record-high 30 service aces;
- Izzy Gibbany posted a C of O individual best of 13 service aces;
- Rielly Wallace dished 20 assists;
- Kaylan Smith contributed 10 of the team’s 31 kills;
- Gibbany snagged 5 digs, Wallace collected 4, and Delanie Gaston nabbed 3;
- The Lady Cats posted a .431 hitting percentage.
C of O followed up at 7:00 p.m. with a three-set win over the Crowley’s Ridge College Pioneers, taking the match 25-14, 25-9, and 25-11. Stat leaders for the Lady Bobcats featured:
- Kaylan Smith – 10 kills, 3 blocks;
- Izzy Gibbany – 17 digs;
- Haley Stallings – 3 service aces;
- Rielly Wallace – 33 assists (along with 6 kills, 7 digs);
- Ryley Thixton – 3 blocks (along with 10 digs, 8 kills).
Friday’s victories take the Lady Bobcats’ season record to 11-6. C of O is back in action tomorrow, facing Lincoln College at 9 a.m. and Haskell Indian Nations University at 11 a.m.