Bobcat Baseball’s senior pitcher/infielder Jay Kaufman received a special honor on Sunday, January 27th, as he was recognized by the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame for being named as a 2018 NCCAA DI Baseball First-Team All-American.
Kaufman hails from Forsyth, Mo. and joined the Bobcats last season, transferring from Southwest Baptist University. As a pitcher and hitter, he led his team on the mound and at the plate.
Following are some highlights of Jay’s 2018 season:
- A.I.I. Hitter of the Week: 3/26/18
- A.I.I. Pitcher of the Week: 4/22/18
- 2018 1st Team A.I.I. All-Conference
- AD Honor Roll (White): Fall 2017
- 2018 Bobcat Baseball Newcomer of the Year
- 2018 NCCAA 1st Team All-American
- .351 BA (2nd on the team)
- 16 doubles (led the team)
- 4 HR (tied for 2nd on team)
- 2.34 ERA (led the team)
- 9-3 on the mound in 96 innings pitched
- 65 strikeouts
Congratulations, Jay, on this great achievement!