College of the Ozarks men’s and women’s track teams participated Saturday in the CMU Invite, hosted by Central Methodist University in Fayette, Mo. The weather for the day was near-perfect, certainly much improved from last week’s cold, snowy, and blustery conditions.
The men’s team finished 13th of 16 teams, while the women competed individually with no team score. Highlights of the day featured several Top Ten finishes and a number of personal records:
- Garrett Pierce took 4th place overall in the 5000 meter run, posting a time of 16:15.51;
- Kyle Kapella took 5th place overall in the high jump at 1.90 meters;
- Sam Scaggs finished first in his heat and 9th overall in the 800 meter run with a 2:00;
- Louis Riddle set a personal record in the shot put with a throw of 39.80 (12.14m).
- Mikaila Livingston tied her personal record in the pole vault, clearing 8’6 and tying for 8th place;
- Alyssa Goth finished second in her heat and 10th overall in the 800 meter run with a time of 2:33;
- Madi Bagg posted a personal best time of 2:34 in the 800 meter run, finishing 12th of 28 runners
- Goth and Mary Zimmerman both set personal records in the 1500 meter run – Goth was first in her heat with a 5:31 (17th overall), and Zimmerman was 2nd in her heat with a 5:34 (19th overall).
Coach Larkin was quite pleased with the performance of her team members in Saturday’s event. Full results of the event, including placement and times of each participant, can be found here.
Both teams will be back on the road next weekend, as they head to Liberty, Mo. to compete in a meet hosted by William Jewell College.