2020-21 Golf Outlook
College of the Ozarks Lady Bobcats and Bobcats golf teams are set to tee off their 2020-21 season. This is their first season under the leadership of Head Coach Don Hoeck.
- Both teams showed steady improvement throughout the season.
- Women set their best one-day, two-day, and three-day totals in program history during Fall 2019.
- Men set their best one-day and two-day totals in program history during Fall 2019.
- The Lady Bobcats finished sixth in the NCCAA National Championships.
Returning for the Lady Bobcats:
- Ashley Stanphill, Senior, Wichita (KS) – Ashley is returning for her fourth season after showing steady improvement in 2019-20. Stanphill finished the season playing her best golf. She recorded an 8th place finish at the Evangel Spring Invitational.
- Kate Voss, Junior, Cuba (MO) – Kate finished the year strong. She shot a personal-low round of 80 at the Crossroads Invite, earning her 7th place in the all-time rankings for the Bobcats. Voss was also honored with A.I.I All-Conference.
- Hannah Aherin, Sophomore, Ozark (MO) – Hannah enters her third season with the golf team after a strong performance last season. She also notched a career low score last season (79), placing her fifth all-time in program history. Naturally a long-hitter off the tee box, Aherin has focused on her short-game this off-season, making her a Lady Cat to keep an eye on.
- Katelyn Swope, Sophomore, Pea Ridge (AR) – Katelyn is returning for her second season with the Lady Cats after a strong freshman performance. She also notched a career low score last season of 78 (+6), placing her first all-time in program history. Katelyn hopes to continue to be a strong contender as she enters the new season.
Returning for the Bobcats:
- Caleb Davis, Senior, Liberty (MO) – Caleb was a rock steady contributor in 2019-20. He finished first on the team in stroke average (79.2) and is slated to be one of the top Bobcat golfers this year. Caleb scored in the 70s on eight occasions last season, shooting his best round of the season,76, at the Evangel Invitational.
- Stuart Jacobs, Junior, San Antonio (TX) – Stuart is entering his third season with the Bobcats, and his game has been shaping up nicely during the off season. He is primed for a break-out year, as evidenced by Stuart carding four rounds in the 70s last season, including a 77 in the first and second round of the Evangel Invitational.
- Dylan McCormick, Sophomore, Cassville (MO) – Hailing from Cassville High School, Dylan had a solid start to is collegiate career and hopes to continue improving throughout this season.
- Kolton Giefer, Junior, Springfield (MO)- Kolton is a junior entering his first season on the golf team after having played two seasons on the Bobcat baseball team. Kolton will work this season on transforming his baseball knowledge into his golf game.
- Brent Shinkle, Junior, Olathe (KS)- Brent is a junior entering his first season on the golf team after having played two seasons on the Bobcat baseball team. Brent has been working hard this offseason to contribute a solid shot on the course.
- Garrett Scott, Sophomore, Sabetha (KS)- Garrett is a sophomore transfer student from Kansas City Kansas Community College. During high school, Garrett went to school in Sabetha, Kansas, and he received many individual and team 1st place finishes as well as being named All-State Honorable Mention 2x and All-State 1x in golf.
- Taylor Melton, Freshman, Sheridan (AR)- Taylor is entering his first season on the golf team. During his high school career, Taylor was named All-Conference 3x and All-State 1x. He also placed 3rd at the state golf tournament his senior year.
Team Goals for this Season
Both teams are eager to open their 2020-2021 season and look to see positive results from their hard work and preseason preparation. This season’s newcomers are a great addition and are fitting in nicely.
Best wishes to our Bobcats & Lady Cats for a great season!