The College of the Ozarks Athletic Department is pleased to announce they will host the Association of Independent Institutions (A.I.I.) Conference Men’s and Women’s Basketball Tournaments on February 24-26, 2017.
Six women’s teams and six men’s teams will participate in the tournament. These include College of the Ozarks (#1 seed), Indiana University Northwest (#2), Haskell Indian Nations University, Northern New Mexico College, Rochester College and Johnson & Wales College-Denver for the women. Men’s teams will feature College of the Ozarks, Rochester College (#1), Washington Adventist University (#2), Central Christian College, Indiana University Northwest, and Fisher College.
The brackets for tournament play have been set. Women’s games will be played at 1 and 3 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, February 24 & 25, while the men will play at 5 and 7 p.m. The number one- and two-seeded teams will have a bye on Friday and will not play until Saturday. The championship games will be held on Sunday afternoon, February 26, with the women’s game at 2 p.m. and the men’s game at 4 p.m.. Although Sunday play is unusual, this schedule is set by the A.I.I. in the interest of minimizing the amount of class time lost by the athletes.
Admission for the tournament will be $5 for adults and $3 for children. You may come early and stay all day or come and go throughout the day for the same fee. Season passes will not be accepted for the tournament.
FRIDAY, FEB. 24
- 1 PM - Women: Northern New Mexico College vs. Rochester College
- 3 PM - Women: Haskell Indian Nations University vs. Johnson & Wales University-Denver
- 5 PM - Men: College of the Ozarks vs. Indiana University Northwest
- 7 PM - Men: Central Christian College vs. Fisher College
SATURDAY, FEB. 25
- 1 PM - Women: College of the Ozarks vs. Northern New Mexico College or Rochester College
- 3 PM - Women: Indiana University Northwest vs. Haskell Indian Nations University or Johnson & Wales University-Denver
- 5 PM - Men: Rochester College vs. College of the Ozarks or Indiana University Northwest
- 7 PM - Men: Washington Adventist University vs. Central Christian College or Fisher College
SUNDAY, FEB 26
- 2 PM - Women's Championship Game
- 4 PM - Men's Championship Game