The Men's and Women's Cross Country program at College of the Ozarks, has completed their first season following a 20+ year hiatus, and they are hard at work preparing for the 2015-16 season.
Clint Woods will serve as the head coach for the men's and women's teams in the 2015-16 season. Woods is currently employed by the College as the Garrison Activities Center and Intramural Director; he also served as the assistant coach during the 2014 Cross Country season. Woods holds a Bachelors Degree in Corporate Recreation/Wellness and a Master’s Degree in Recreation from Northwest Missouri State University. Clint Woods came to College of the Ozarks from California in 2013 to manage the Garrison Activities Center and teach in the Physical Education Department.
The 2015-16 schedule is posted below, and the Bobcats are looking to be a strong contender in this season's meets, while continuing to build toward a very competitive future. The Bobcats had three runners qualify for the nationals in the 2014-15 season--Torri Holder, Travis Dillard and Loyal Carpenter, and Coach Woods is looking forward to another positive season ahead. If you are interested in learning more about the College's Cross Country program, please click on the link at the bottom of the page and complete the Bobcat Cross Country Questionnaire.
- September 11 - St. Louis Fall Festival
- September 19 - Missouri Southern (Joplin)
- October 3 - Chili Pepper Festival - Fayetteville, AR
- October 17 - Ozarks Ambush Cross Country Invitational (9 AM Women, 9:30 AM Men)
- October 24 - St. Louis College of Pharmacy Fall Classic
- November 7 - AII Conference Meet @ Johnson & Wales University - Denver, CO
- November 21 - NAIA National Championship - Charlotte, NC
- September 20 - Missouri Southern - Joplin, MO (Results - Women | Men)
- September 27 - Oklahoma State U. - Stillwater, OK (Results - Women | Men)
- October 4 - Central Methodist U. - Fayette, MO (Results - Women | Men)
- October 11 - Haskell Indian Nations U. - Lawrence, KS (Results - Women | Men)
- October 25 - St. Louis College of Pharmacy - St. Louis, MO (Results - Women | Men)
- November 8 - MCAC Conference Tournament - Lawrence, KS (Results - Women | Men)
- November 22 - NAIA National Championship - Below (full results to follow)
2014 NAIA National Women's Cross Country - Freshman Torri Holder placed 179 of 336 with a 5K time of 19:56.10.
2014 NAIA National Men's Cross Country - Senior Travis Dillard placed 270 (28:16.70) and Freshman Loyal Carpenter placed 296 (29:10.30) out of 320 runners in their 8K race.
MCAC ALL-CONFERENCE MEN: Travis Dillard, Loyal Carpenter; Tag Grisham (Honorable Mention)
MCAC ALL-CONFERENCE WOMEN: Torri Holder (Also named MCAC Freshman Runner of the Year)
MCAC SCHOLAR ATHLETE AWARD: Austin Wenger, Miranda Britain, Lindsay Heun, Hannah Roche, Lacey Wabshaw, Kristen Wilson
If you are interested in joining the Bobcat Men’s or Women’s Cross Country team, please complete the Bobcat Cross Country Questionnaire.